Since establishing the charity in 2016, ABTA’s cofounder and CEO, Amy Dawes, has spoken regularly at conferences, workshops, staff training and consumer events sharing her experience of birth-related trauma and being a voice for women and their families on a topic that is often taboo. The content for Amy’s presentations are informed by her own experiences as well as the experiences of thousands of women (and their families) who contact ABTA for support.
ABTA is also fortunate to have a number of advocates (men and women) around Australia available to speak about their personal experience of birth-related trauma (#yourstorymatters).
- A Lived Experience of Birth-related Trauma – Start the conversation
- The Impact of a 3rd Degree Tear and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction on Relationships
- Collaborative Care – The Informed Choice
- Navigating postnatal care for Birth-Related Trauma
- What Women Want – How Can we Improve Birth Outcomes?
- Other topics by consultation.